Tuesday, February 23, 2016

My Grandfather

Thankyou so very much for this beautiful tribute to my paternal Grandfather Said Ali Zein-Iddin, , may God rest his soul.

My biggest regret is that I never met my paternal Grandfather (in fact he was killed long before my parents had even met); yet everything I hear and read about him makes me feel so connected to him and so very  proud that a man who embodied such values, who actually lived by them and who was as gifted with words as he was know to be; was above all so generous with his prolific talents.

My wonderful compassionate dad, may God rest his soul too; was the image of his Father and always said he was also a great cook (although his haphazard spontaneity would have my Grandmother despairing at the resultant aftermath in the kitchen)  and he had a deep love and respect for nature.

In many ways I am blessed to have inherited some of his traits but in so many other ways I find myself lacking. I aspire to be like him. One day. One day soon I  hope.

http://emtiazalnahhal.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-post_10.html?m=1#comment-form

No comments:

Post a Comment